Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kuih Makmur - My Little Turtles


These are the cookies I made yesterday for Raya (Eid). A rich concoction of plain flour, ghee and butter. Very much like a very rich shortbread with a nut and sugar filling and dusted with icing sugar after baking. Yummy if you like a rich cookie. I indulge once a year and this cookie just melts in your mouth. mmmmmm.......A little fiddly to make though but looks very pretty and worth the effort.

I will post the recipe once the festivities are over. I made this by eye and did not weigh the ingredients. I'll make some more after Eid just to post it on the blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this kuih..how'd you make it with that ridge in the middle?

Zurin said...

Its actually the join after I cover it up when I put the filling in! I was too lazy to smooothen it bu tI thot it looked good to and Usually I kelip the sides so that it looks like leaves with veins...some people do that but more work of course...I used to do it too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails